Woden's Folk was not the first to promote Folkish Wodenism here in England, but we were the first to try to create a Folkish Movement rather than a small localised group. From the very start I chose to call ourselves 'Folkish' in order to keep away the meek and weak who would be put off by the 'reputation' given to the word 'Folkish'. I would not say that this has worked fully, but in these times it has served us as well as we could expect. The problem, of course, lies in the constant barrage of propaganda designed to weaken our Folk and make them afraid to do anything that would get them into 'trouble'. This we at WF have witnessed as a proven fact, and even the 'toughest' groups are not always what they appear. We need not go into this at this time, but it should be kept in mind.
It is all too easy to overlook the small 'victories' that we have had as a Folkish Movement, since these are not always obvious. I shall look at these as we go on, since they are part of the ideas set down here. The object of this is to show how we can learn from past movements, even if they are social or political, and adapt some of the tactics for our own use - on a much smaller scale, since we are a small movement.
THE MOVEMENT -
1. The Folkish Movement - I chose to call this a 'Movement' even though we are very small, and that is to show that we are a serious group dedicated to a serious cause. Whereas many pagan and heathen groups are there to try to revive an ancient religion, our aim is to create a new Folkish Heathen Religion suited to our own era, and the unique Folk-Destiny that our Folk have. The basis of Folkish Wodenism lies in the revival of an ancient religion, but at an exoteric level, since this has to be tailored to suit the English Destiny and the Folk-Destiny, and that is the accelerated evolution of the Folk. This is where we differ greatly from many groups.
2. Our Aims - Our aim must be first and foremost the fight for the freedom of our Folk, and the fight for the survival of our Folk - the White Race. We are an English Movement but we recognise the futility of trying to 'go it alone' - not only futile but suicidal! This is why our Folk-Religion is for the English Folk, but can be adapted to any Germanic Nation.
3. The Purpose - The whole purpose of our work must be the accelerated evolution of the Aryan Race, or what is left of the once mighty Aryan Race. The key to this lies in the Aryan Gene, and this is knowledge that our enemies are fully aware of, hence their drive to destroy the White Race completely.
4. The Flag of The Movement - This is a White Dragon upon a Red Background, the flash revived by the White Dragon Kindred in the 1980s. I created and ran the WDK back then, and when founding WF in 1998 this was taken up in a much larger way. Today it is a well-known English Flag, even sold as such by Amazon, and this is one of the small 'victories' achieved by WF since we started. (Strangely, it is those who oppose and try to 'expose' WF that have acknowledged the origins of the White Dragon Flag.)
5. The Symbol of the Movement - We have as yet not really used a single symbol as such, though the use of the Wolf-Hook Rune (Rune of Resistance) and the Ing-Rune (Rune of the Blood) has been taken up. Again, more groups and individuals have taken up the use of the Ing-Rune, and the acceptance that Ingwe is a very important God who gave his name to the English and their land - England. This has been yet another small 'victory' for WF, though it will no doubt not be acknowledged as such.
6. Folkish Slogans - One of the most important things for any movement is the use of slogans. Short and simple, easily remembered, slogans play on the mind, and are thus important as 'propaganda' tools. Some of the ones we have used have also been taken up by others -
The Strength of the Pack is the Wolf
The Strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Wolves Amongst The Sheep!
Rise and Rise Again - Until Lambs Become Wolves!
When Freedom is Outlawed, only Outlaws will be Free!
Our Defiance is our Strength!
The key to using slogans is to keep them short and easily understandable, and to repeat them over and over again. This 'throws' the slogan into the subconscious mind, thus by-passing the conscious mind. Repetition is the key to remembering.
7. Self-Sacrifice - We have always stated the need for self-sacrifice for the whole, rather than self-interest or self-survival. Our work at survival training, prepping etc. should always be looked upon in this way, for the whole, the group, and the Folk.